Skip to Content

Can I enter Mexico with a green card?

Yes, you are allowed to enter Mexico with a green card. However, you must make sure that you have a valid travel document, such as a valid passport, or the original green card that you received from the United States government.

Permanent residents of the United States who hold Green Cards are able to travel to Mexico for up to six months without a visa, so long as you have a valid passport and valid Green Card, along with proof of legal alienship.

You will also need a round-trip ticket or proof of onward travel when you enter the country. You may also need to show proof of financial means sufficient to cover all your expenses during your stay in Mexico.

Depending on your country of nationality, you may also need to obtain a visa before you travel to Mexico. To do this, contact your nearest Mexican consulate or diplomatic mission. If you are traveling in Mexico for more than six months, you must obtain a special visa designed for immigrant or non-immigrant long-term business or non-business trips.

Do I need visa to Mexico if I have green card?

If you are a permanent resident of the United States who has a valid green card, then you do not need a visa to visit Mexico for stays of less than 180 days for tourism, business, or medical reasons.

All you need to do is present your green card and valid passport at the point of entry (airport, seaport, or land border crossing). However, if your green card is expired or if you plan to stay longer than 180 days in Mexico, you will need to get a visa.

You can obtain this visa from the nearest Mexican Consulate or applicable embassy. Please note that if you plan to work or study in Mexico, you may also need additional documents.

What countries can US green card holders visit without visa?

Most green card holders are able to visit a number of countries without a visa due to the United States’ visa-waiver program. Countries included in this program vary by the type of green card you possess.

Those with a valid unrestricted permanent residence card are able to travel without a visa to:

* Canada

* Mexico

* El Salvador

* Guatemala

* Honduras

* Nicaragua

* Panama

* Bermuda

* The Bahamas

* Aruba

* Martinique

* Barbados

* Dominican Republic

* Turks and Caicos Islands

* Saint Lucia

* Grenada

* Sint Maarten

* Jamaica

* Cayman Islands

* Island of Montserrat

Travelers from the U.S. are also able to enter some countries with a visa stamp upon arrival. Alternative rules may apply depending on the total length of stay and/or the purpose of the trip. These countries include: Brazil, Bolivia, Fiji, China, Ecuador, Hong Kong, India, Macau, Malaysia, Peru, Qatar, South Africa, Qatar, and Turkey.

In addition, there are some countries that offer extended visa-free stays for green card holders, such as Costa Rica for up to 90 days, Indonesia for up to 30 days, Philippines for up to 59 days, and Thailand for up to 30 days.

It is always best to check the rules and regulations of each country you wish to visit before packing your bags.

Can US residents travel to Mexico without a visa?

Yes, US residents can travel to Mexico without a visa for up to 180 days, as long as their passport is valid for at least 6 months after entry into Mexico. US citizens who plan to visit Mexico for longer than 180 days may need to obtain a visa before entering Mexico.

Additionally, in order to enter Mexico, US citizens must have a US passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected return from Mexico, as well as a tourist card, known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM).

US citizens will be issued an FMM upon entry into Mexico, where they can select the tourist or business option and the date that they expect to leave Mexico, if known, in order to receive their 180-day visa.

Finally, when crossing the border, US citizens should carry a copy of their valid passport, completed FMM, driver’s license, and a copy of their proof of US residency.

Do I need visa to go to Cancun?

Whether you need a visa to go to Cancun depends on the country you are traveling from. Generally speaking, citizens of the United States, Canada and most countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean do not need visas to visit Cancun.

However, citizens of other countries may need a visa, depending on their circumstances, the length of their stay and the type of activities they plan to engage in while in Cancun. It is best to check with your local embassy or consulate to determine the specific visa requirements for your trip.

Additionally, if you plan to stay in Mexico for more than 180 days, you may need to obtain a visa.

Do US green card holders need visa for Europe?

Yes, US green card holders need a visa to visit Europe. The visa requirements vary depending on the country you wish to visit. Generally speaking, US green card holders must apply for a Schengen visa to visit any of the countries in the Schengen Area.

If a US green card holder wishes to visit a non-Schengen country in Europe then they must apply for that particular country’s visa. The Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows you to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days.

In order to obtain a Schengen visa, you must provide evidence of your legal status in the US, financial stability, an undertaking from a third party, travel insurance, and a valid passport.

What countries can I travel to with US green card?

With a US Green Card, you can visit any country in the world with the exception of a few countries at certain times (some travel restrictions are subject to change) including North Korea, Cuba, parts of Russia, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, and Libya.

US visa restrictions do not prevent US green card holders from traveling to Western Europe, Canada, South America, Central America, Africa, Asia, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

Aside from the countries listed above, most other countries will generally accept US green card holders, however there may be some that require a visa or a temporary residence permit. It is always recommended that visitors check the travel requirements of the country they wish to travel to prior to planning their trip.

Do US permanent residents need visa for Paris?

No, US permanent residents generally do not need a visa to travel to and stay in Paris, France. As long as they have a valid US Permanent Resident card (otherwise known as a ‘Green Card’) they can enter and stay in France for up to 90 days within a 6 month period.

However, please note that US permanent residents may need a visa to visit other countries in the Schengen area. Additionally, US permanent residents must obtain a valid passport or other travel document, and they may be asked to present it upon entry and during their stay in France.

Can a US resident travel to France?

Yes, US residents can travel to France depending on the purpose of travel, their visa requirements, and other eligibility criteria. For example, travelers need to present their passport and proof of vaccination for certain diseases, plus an approved ESTA for all US citizens.

Furthermore, those visiting France for 90 days or less don’t need a visa, but anyone planning to stay in the country for a longer period has to apply for a France visa. Depending on the purpose of travel, the applicant may need to provide evidence of financial resources, lodging, and return tickets.

Additionally, travelers must also present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure for France. Therefore, US citizens should plan ahead and make sure that they meet all the requirements before traveling to France.

What documents do I need to travel to Paris?

If you are planning a trip to Paris, you will need to make sure that you have all of the proper documents in order. Typically, you will need to bring your passport and any necessary visas. Depending on the country you are coming from, you may also need to obtain an authorization from the appropriate French government agency.

Additionally, you may need to provide evidence of your financial ability to support yourself during your stay. This can be demonstrated in several ways, such as providing a bank statement, proof of employment, or even a letter of sponsorship from a friend or relative living in France.

Finally, make sure to check your country’s specific visa requirements for entering France. Some countries may require additional paperwork, such as a certificate of good health or a letter of invitation from a sponsor in France.

If you are under 18, you may need to provide additional paperwork such as legal consent from a parent or guardian. Once you have all the necessary documentation in order, you can start planning your trip to Paris!