There are multiple types of smiles in the world and these can be broken down into broad categories. The most common smiles are known as Duchenne smiles, which involve both the upper and lower facial muscles being activated and forming a warm, genuine-looking smile.
Other common types of smiles include Pan Am smiles, which are more subtle, often forming a slight upturn on the corners of the mouth. Flashy or high-voltage smiles involve much larger and more exaggerated facial muscles, and can sometimes be seen during moments of high excitement or joy.
Social smiles are those seen when making a polite gesture, and require much less involvement of the facial muscles than genuine smiles. Finally, there are masking smiles, which are smiles that are forced but not genuine, and these often appear during moments of awkwardness or discomfort.
What are the 19 types of smile?
The 19 types of smiles are categorized based on the facial expressions associated with them. They are:
1. Angelic smile: Angelic smiles suggest complete innocence and contentment. The corners of the mouth are turned up slightly and the eyes are soft and full of admiration.
2. Contented smile: This type of smile is associated with emotions of satisfaction and relaxation. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the lips are parted slightly.
3. Congenial smile: Congenial smiles signify a good rapport between two people. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes show shared understanding.
4. Sympathetic smile: Sympathetic smiles indicate understanding and compassion. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes show deep understanding.
5. Amused smile: Amused smiles show a feeling of amusement or pleasure. The corners of the mouth are turned up and the eyes are wide and alert.
6. Bonding smile: Bonding smiles show the connection between two people. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes show a connection.
7. Tender smile: Tender smiles indicate feelings of love, warmth and affection. The corners of the mouth are turned upward slightly and the eyes suggest attentiveness.
8. Enticing smile: Enticing smiles are used to capture someone’s attention. The lips are slightly curled and the eyes suggest mystery and seduction.
9. Triumphant smile: Triumphant smiles show joy and success. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes sparkle with delight.
10. Respectful smile: Respectful smiles show respect and humility. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes are attentive and understanding.
11. Cheeky smile: Cheeky smiles show mischief, excitement and enthusiasm. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes sparkle with joy.
12. Gracious smile: Gracious smiles indicate politeness and gratefulness. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes are friendly and inviting.
13. Bashful smile: Bashful smiles indicate shyness, embarrassment and nervousness. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes are downcast.
14. Melancholy smile: Melancholy smiles show sadness and sorrow. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes are filled with sorrow.
15. Intriguing smile: Intriguing smiles show curiosity and interest. The mouth is slightly curved upwards and the eyes suggest excitement.
16. Polite smile: Polite smiles are used for expressing politeness. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes indicate acceptance and acknowledgement.
17. Pleading smile: Pleading smiles indicate feelings of desperation or need. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes are open and expressive.
18. Cunning smile: Cunning smiles involve trickery or slyness. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes suggest mischievousness.
19. Peaceful smile: Peaceful smiles indicate tranquility and relaxation. The lips are slightly curved up and the eyes are closed and peaceful.
Who has the smile in world?
There is no one person who can be objectively identified as having “the best smile in the world. ” Everyone has their own different features, expressions and style which makes them unique and beautiful.
A perfect smile may vary depending on individual preference, culture or location. However, many people cite celebrities such as Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Scarlett Johansson as having particularly charismatic and captivating smiles.
It may also be worth considering the smiles of unknown people who are making a difference in the world by lending their time to help those in need or engaging in other charitable activities. Ultimately, one’s own smile is likely to be the best in the world, as it embodies individual joy and beauty.
Who has the most cutest smile?
That’s a tough question to answer, as everyone has a unique and beautiful smile. A great smile can light up a room and make everyone else smile too. In the end, it’s subjective as to who has the most cutest smile and it’s ultimately down to individual opinion.
That being said, some people have smiles that are just particularly contagious and infectious, which can make it difficult to choose a single individual. Regardless of who has the most ‘cute’ smile, it’s important to recognize and appreciate the beauty in everyone’s smile and use it to spread joy and happiness to others.
What kind of smiles are attractive?
Smiles come in many forms, with some being more attractive than others. Generally speaking, smiles that are genuine and heartfelt are the most attractive. These kinds of smiles involve a wide grin which extends to the eyes, often accompanied with crinkles at the corners of the eyes, and are known as Duchenne smiles.
Smiles that are warm and genuine often exude a certain kind of confidence that is attractive and inviting, making them incredibly appealing. Additionally, smaller, shy smiles and “flirtatious” smiles can also be attractive, often evoking feelings of playfulness and mystery.
Ultimately, the kind of smile that is attractive can vary from person to person, and is often based on individual tastes and preferences.
What does an attractive smile look like?
An attractive smile is one that is inviting and genuine. It is not just a superficial feature but one that radiates confidence and kindness. A good smile should be even, with healthy gums and white, straight teeth.
A good smile should also express emotion without speaking, as it can be a sign of happiness and acceptance. A symmetrical smile is most desirable, as it is a sign of balance and harmony. It should be framed by naturally full lips to achieve a complete and attractive look.
Good oral hygiene is key to maintaining a healthy, attractive smile, so regular brushing and flossing is important. With professional whitening and other treatments, anyone can achieve the perfect smile they desire.
What type of smile is rare?
The Mona Lisa smile is a rare type of smile, which is famously depicted in the Mona Lisa painting by Leonardo da Vinci. The expression of the Mona Lisa’s face is particularly enigmatic, and her enigmatic smile has been the source of speculation and debate throughout history.
Some say the Mona Lisa’s expression is one of joy while others believe it to be one of sadness. The lack of absolute certainty is what makes the Mona Lisa’s smile so mysterious, and adds to its rarity.
Even today, researchers continue to debate Mona Lisa’s smile which makes it even rarer.
What makes a smile unique?
Smiles are unique because even though we all smile in the same way, with the mouth turning up and eyes crinkling, no two smiles are exactly alike! Each person’s life experiences shape them and color their expressions, making each smile uniquely their own.
Even though everyone shares certain facial cues when they smile, the underlying emotion that each person expresses with their smile is distinct and highly personal. Smiles can also change based on external context.
For example, someone might have a warm, friendly smile when greeting a friend, but then a different smile when playing poker. The same person can demonstrate a mix of emotions such as joy, anticipation, shyness, or even subtle sarcasm, all with just one smile.
As such, everyone’s smile is as individual as a fingerprint, and that’s what makes it so special.
Do I have a bunny smile?
No, you do not have a bunny smile. A bunny smile is an expression often used to describe a particular facial expression. It is characterized by an upturned mouth and wrinkling of the nose, similar to the happy expression of a bunny.
This expression is often created unintentionally when people are feeling particularly happy or content.
What are 5 things that make me smile?
1. Spending quality time with my family and closest friends. The laughter and joy I feel when I’m surrounded by the ones I love brings me a lot of happiness.
2. Reading a good book or watching an uplifting movie. I always come out of these experiences feeling inspired and full of positive energy.
3. Doing creative activities such as drawing, painting, sculpting, or writing. Whenever I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed, these activities help take my mind off of things and put a smile on my face.
4. Going on an adventure. Trying new things and exploring different places is always something that makes me happy, and it often results in me coming home with a smile.
5. Eating delicious food. Taking the time to enjoy a good meal always puts me in a better mood and it has a way of making me smile.
What is a smile that doesn’t reach the eyes?
A smile that doesn’t reach the eyes is a type of facial expression where the corners of the mouth may turn up, but the eyes remain dull or emotionless. It is often an indication that the person is feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, sad, or even masking a darker emotion.
It sometimes carries the connotation that the person is not being genuine or sincere, as the facial expression is not backed up by the emotions in the eyes. It can also be interpreted as a sign of caution, as the person is not ready to open up emotionally and is instead holding back.